Sunday, January 27, 2013

Love-and-Hope Relationship...

Dear Love

It's been way too long since you left. My aura misses the exhilaration that you brought to it. The rooms are empty as ever. I thought I heard your voice while sleeping on your side of the bed. Hallucinations have become a part of my schedule after the last time I saw you. If I knew it would be the last time in a long, never-ending span, I wouldn't have unwrapped you from my embrace.
The voice may be a hallucination, but the fragrance was real. Definitely. I think I'm running out of the perfume that you wore. It's the only memory I have left of you. I should buy a new bottle soon. It reminds me of every time my  hoodie and hair have smelled of you after you cuddled with me.
Dear Love, I hope you're doing okay. I wish you could keep in touch with me as you promised to. It's okay, no blaming now! You're looking for a new life, and I'm yet to start. It was I who decided to part. I will remember that and try to make myself feel better.
Remember the letter you wrote to me? I still have it. I read it when I feel low. I still think of you. Love, I might sound rather low right now, but I'm honest to God happy that you're trying to move on! We had our moments, and I will live with them. Heavens know I don't want to put anyone else through what I put you. I know I was, and still am a handful. Romantics like me, who are bound by independence (ironic?) find it difficult to cope up with the fear. Fear of what? Don't ask me Love. You know I have yet to figure it out.
I know you miss me, and would love to read this letter. But Love, how can I let you know I'm fragile? I need to be strong for you. I need to ensure that YOU are okay. Just breathe for me, and you'll be just fine. Brilliant, actually. Follow the five stages of grief - denial - anger - bargaining - depression - acceptance (in no particular order), and you'll be okay. Remember me when you feel depressed. You always have a piece of me, and I always have a piece of you. You used to ask me how the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle fit, and I used to answer correctly - Perfectly. That's how our pieces fit.

Yours always
Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment